Monday, March 3, 2008

The Playdate

With Andy at work, Sara and I ventured out yesterday with Katie and Lily for a playdate at Hilary Vicker's house. Hilary has a two year old, Mandy, and is expecting her second daughter any day now. We picked up some lunch on the way and spent the afternoon with the girls.

Sara did really well on our outting and seemed to really like being somewhere new to look around. She also liked Hilary's swing in which she can sit up and look around (unlike ours where she is still in cradle mode and laying down). It was pretty funny too when she fell asleep in this swing with her chin resting on the little tray holding her in. It's always amazing how many positions babies will sleep in that look like they would be so uncomfortable.

Hilary had this giant fake bottle of Hershey's Syrup filled with M&Ms, and I thought it would be cute to take a picture of Sara with the bottle since it was bigger than her (I added it to the pictures today). I'm sure she will love chocolate when she is finally allowed to have some one day!

I had a good time talking to the girls and watching Mandy play, but my mystery stomach illness decided to make a lovely appearance in the form of me losing my lunch! I can't remember the last time I threw up and it was extra nice to have to do so in someone else's home. Luckily Katie was right next to me and I handed Sara to her to make it to the guest bathroom - thank God I at least made it there and didn't hit Hilary's floor! This stomach thing is seriously irritating and I'm still trying to figure out what it is. The doctor didn't really know last Friday but said it might be gallstones. I went to the local hospital on Saturday morning for an ultrasound but still haven't heard back from the doctor today. I called this morning and she still hadn't reviewed my images to tell me anything. I would think that would be something she would have done when she first got in since I've been waiting two days already, but oh well. I'm hoping that I don't have gallstones because I don't want to have to worry about a potential surgery to remove my gallbladder.

After such a big day, Sara was a bit cranky last night and ate a few times in a row for a long time. The only nice thing about her doing this is that she sleeps for a long time once she finally goes down. Once again, I misjudged when she was going to go down for her long stretch and put her in the swing instead of her bed. She slept for 5 hours in that stinking thing! It took me a while to get her to calm down and go to sleep before that and she ended up going 7 hours between feedings. Six hours two nights ago and seven last night - I don't know if it's the growth spurt or maybe that she's been so awake the last few days but it would be great if she keeps doing these long stretches and we can get some good sleep. Of course, I wonder if she would have slept so long had I put her down in her bassinet since she does not love it like she does the swing. I guess I'll just take what I can get for now because the last two nights have felt pretty good compared to earlier in the week!

Sara is having a pretty good day so far - she's really starting to be awake a lot more during the day and that means even less time for me to try to get anything done (even showering some days!). This morning she played for a couple hours before getting hungry and tired. She is really smiling a lot more when you talk to her so I took a short video and tried to make noises to get smiles. I got a few small ones and a few noises so I'll put it up on YouTube when I get a chance. We had fun playing on the floor and in her bouncy chair until she got cranky and hungry. She had a rough couple hours after that with gas and trying to poo, but I finally got her to sleep a few minutes ago and put her down in the swing. Man was it a good investment to get those rechargeable batteries!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday - I put a few new pictures up and I'm working on some videos too...

3 comments:

Katie said...

The smiley pictures are so cute!!! :) Lily and I had a great time hanging out with "the girls" yesterday. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Unknown said...

We love the continuing addition of pictures. Glad you had a day out. Sara seems to enjoy the surroundings and sights. I was amazed at how she watched us walk around the room when we were there. Oh, regarding your stomach...you might find that spices are not your friend. They sure hate me.

Hope to see you soon!

Love,
:)
Tony

Rick said...

She just gets prettier every day. I'm glad to she she has a pacifier now. I'm sure she likes it very much. You guys are doing a great job keeping the blog updated. You have gotten a lot of compliments on the blog and how cute Sara is. Everyone here in Georgia loves it. Take care of yourself. See you soon.
Love Dad